Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Campbell's Tomato Soup...


I am addicted to soup...the home made kind...eating it, making it, it really doesn't matter.

Not all people have that kind of time on their hands...to be making home made soups.

I have to admit, I have been guilty of using canned soups.
For some strange reason, my lil guy's favorite soup is Italian Wedding Soup...
That is one soup I probably wouldn't bother making from scratch...

Even still...when I do resort you packaged foods, I try to dress them up as much as I can.

Take plain jane Tomato Soup for example.
It's a classic...

Italian spice Tomato Soup with garlic cheddar biscuits

This soup serves as a perfect starting point for great cooking!

You can add it to sauces, stews, dips and chilis for thicker, sweeter consistency.
Its the main ingredient in my tangy saucy meatballs that are a potluck mainstay.
The same sauce can be used on spare ribs as well.

If I'm just making soup...
I'll add a number of different ingredients to change the flavour up.

Italian:  Thyme, oregano, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
Mexican:  green peppers, chili powder and red pepper flakes, topped with sour cream.
Cheesy:  mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Sweet:  marjoram and a pinch of white sugar
Fall:  pumpkin puree, turmeric and a pinch of nutmeg

You can visit www.campbellsoup.com and click on the Campbell's kitchen tab
for more recipes and ideas.
Be warned, they do feature Campbell's products heavily.
The purpose of my post was to explain that using some forms of 
ready made food is alright...
as long as you know what you are buying.
I highly encourage people to read the label.
If there is one thing in that list you can't pronounce or explain its
origins...put it BACK!
I feel that Campbell's tomato soup is simple and every item
on the ingredients is real.

If you are specifically looking for soup recipes, click here to head directly
to the soup page at Campbells.








No comments:

Post a Comment